One case of Bogi Remport that was not presented

More
4 years 6 months ago #27 by RemportBogi
Dear colleagues,
this case raised lots of questions in me. I would like to ask you to write your comment on my patient.
First I planned 14,24,34 extractions in this case just because of the distal bite on the right side+ lower crowding. After that I checked her in occlusogramm, and I got some ideas...
She is 23 years old, no TMD issues. Half class II on the right side, class I on the left side. Midlines are OK.
I would love her chin more forward, but she is not interested in surgery. I have these records now.
I have made 2 occlusograms for the lower arch, the first without repositioning, second with 3 mm anterior repositioning.
I need your advice, and Giorgio's the most: if I plan the treatment according to the first occlusogram and I do lower incisor proclination with roots first after that lower right canine protraction maybe also with roots first sagittally forward, if this would be a safe and predictable plan here?
Thank you for reading!
Bogi

to be continued in the next topic, because I have more pics than 8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #28 by RemportBogi
Okay, I can continue here uploading:)

More
4 years 6 months ago #29 by anne_chanly
Hi Bogi,

Nice case! I think her chin does look a bit deficient but I also think her soft tissue profile especially under her chin to her neck makes her profile look worse. I think for this case I would try expansion on the upper and lower first and derotation of the 16 as well as increase the torque of the upper incisors to see if her bite comes foward. I don't think its a case that I would do extractions on because she doesn't have much crowding and her soft tissue profile doesn't seem to be so protrusive. She may also needs some lower anterior intrusion to help with the deep bite.

More
4 years 6 months ago #30 by Giorgio_Fiorelli
Dear Bogi
I believe that this is a potential case for repositioning, but with some problems to be solved before doing it.
She is a skeletal high angle class II with deep bite and steep incisors.
Any advancement now would increase the vertical, so you can't do it immediately.
Ideally I would start with intrusion of the upper arch and lower arch, maybe proclination of upper anteriors befoe repositioning.

More
4 years 6 months ago #32 by RemportBogi
Thanks, Anne! The reasons you mentioned against extractions are my reasons too. I may try molar intrusion and repositioning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anne_chanly

More
4 years 6 months ago #33 by RemportBogi
Thank you, Giorgio. Tough job to start repositioning with. I will discuss this possibility with her.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds