Biomechanics Questions

Practical Exercises- Question

More
1 year 5 months ago #289 by kristina_vicko
I have questions regarding TPA bending exercise. I attach photos just to be more clear.
I use a 0.9 mm SS wire, and I welded the lingual sheet to the band which I use on the exercise model, so it is not a fabricated one (I note this because maybe thats the problem..).
So the issue is that my wire can not pass all the way throught the sheet- I notice that on the sheet there is a minor "imprint" on one side which is holding back the wire to pass to the other end..
also I notice that the terminal end the folded part is not really in touch all the way nicely so I am not really sure what is the problem and what I need to improve.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #290 by Giorgio_Fiorelli
There is a mistake, the TPA terminal is way too long. Watch again the video and you will se that the extension is a few mm, I guess around 4, corresponding to the plier width plus a minimum for the bend. The length corresponds more or lesse to the length of the lingual sheath. The indentation you see, is present in some lingual sheath and works as a stop, You don't need to get out on the other side, what you have is enough insertion, your problem is just the excessive length of terminal. Again watch the video in the ebook again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds